Hi, I am Cheryl Adams.
My interest in massage started as a child walking on my dad's back and rubbing the shoulders of friends. I knew early on that massage was a part of my calling.
I attended school in the USA at Pennsylvania Institute of Massage in the year 2000 right out of High School and instantly knew I'd made the right choice in careers. Over the years, my passion for massage and helping people feel better has expanded to include yoga teacher training and teaching massage at schools in the US and in Costa Rica.
Much of my career I've work with clients from all over the world who were suffering from chronic pain and addiction to pain medication. Helping people feel better in their bodies and recover from injuries through regular massage and healthful lifestyle is truly my passion.
I first visited Costa Rica to volunteer in High School. I instantly fell in love with Costa Rica and part of my dream of becoming a massage therapist was the ability to do massage anywhere in the world.
Sámara is a beautiful town for rejuvenating tired bodies and souls. Prioritizing our our health in our busy daily lives can can be challenging, so take take time for massage!
My sessions cater to the individual needs of my clients and I pull from a range of eastern and western styles, techniques, and 15+ years of experience.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Massage Therapy - 2001
- Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy CRSMT - 2008
- RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training (280+ hours) - Downdog Yoga, Reading, Pennsylvania USA - 2009
- Yin Yoga Teach Training - Downdog Yoga, Reading, Pennsylvania USA - 2009
- Massage Instructor Training (275 hours) at Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy CRSMT
- Additional 280+ hours Yoga Teacher Training - Downdog Yoga, Reading, Pennsylvania USA - 2011
- Additional training in Reiki Level 1, Cancer (oncology) massage, Neuromuscular Therapy NMT, Cranial Sacral
My interests include: Exploring with my 2 year old son, Hiking or climbing to beautiful vistas, family time, animals, fresh fruits and vegetable, experiencing other cultures, travel, seeing the world through a child's eyes, writing children's books, getting massages and spa treatments, eating sushi, spa products, living simply, sunshine, warm breeze, and walking though my favorite town in the world... Sámara